Specials

August Training Special: 10% of all training fees go to supporting local strongman, xfit and powerlifting events.

Bamboo Benching

Bamboo bench for the first time.
65lbx10
85lbx10
95lbx5
95lbx5

I used a much narrower grip than my competition style. I was a thumb's length in on the knurling rather than having my pinky-middle finger on the ring. I felt more stable at the narrow grip while doing bamboo bench.
It was pretty unstable, I could definitely feel it utilizing a lot of my stabilizing muscles. The follow up with the DB Bench also seriously taxed my deltoids.

Iso-lateral DB bench
30lbx20
40lbx10
40lbx10

I'll have to use 45's or 50's next time, 40's are getting too easy.

Skull crushers
3x10

Push downs
4x10

Pull Downs
4x10

KB Row
4x10

Pull ups (1/2's to save my shoulders)
3x5
I still felt this in my shoulders. My back strength isn't nearly what it was, weighted pullups used to be my favorite, and so good for grip.

Chest fly
4x10

Push ups
9x10
3 different widths: diamond, military, and wide. Push-ups (especially weighted) are by far my favorite Bench Assistance work.

I think I need to do more work with my latts, because I use them a lot in my lift. I'm also debating bringing my bench press grip in a little. Decisions, decisions.

It's my third work-out using HMB. I haven't been feeling too broke off after lifting, even though I am getting back into the huge volume that I used to do. Before when I did huge volume, I'd wake up in the middle of the night in pain from DOMs. I can't say it's the HMB helping tx DOMs or prevent it, or increasing my work capacity, because it could also be muscle maturity or the caffeine (400mg prior to lifting, via VaporXT by AMS)or the creatine that I am taking co-currently with the HMB, but I do know that right now I'm usually much more miserable. I haven't been experiencing the loss of ROM that I normally have when I get DOMs either. Still a little stiff and sore, but not walking around like a zombie or feeling like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment