Specials

August Training Special: 10% of all training fees go to supporting local strongman, xfit and powerlifting events.

Pressing like a gangster is where its at

Had my upper body/press day today. I only do upper body once a week right now so I have to really make it count.

Today we trained with a skeleton crew, Just Lester, Lindsey and myself. The dudes were pressin' and the chick was squattin' (Isnt it funny how the chick is the one doing the real work?) But hey, you gotta do upper body sometime.

Started off with oly bar strict press out of the rack, I usually pick 2 or 3 press movements for ME upper day and I ALWAYS switch it up. I helped Lester work on his form a bit (The powerlifters in our crew dont like to overhead press, but I have been peer pressuring them nonstop until they give in and do it just so they dont have to hear my mouth anymore. All sets were done strict with no leg drive.

My sets looked like this today:

bar 3x5
135 2x5
225 2x3
275 1x3
320 miss
320 x1 smokeshow (just got out of my groove on the first one) 5lb pr!

Next we took it over to the bench. I am just over 3 weeks out from my push-pull meet, so I wanted to hit a small bench pr.
Sets went like this:
bar 4x5
135 2x5
225 2x3
315 x3
405 x2
455 x1
505 x1 pr!

All sets were done as explosively as possible, I kept the volume down on purpose today.

Then I did a bunch of super-secret-underground-cool looking support work.

And now Im smoked so I am going to spend the rest of the night eating like 4000 calories and tons of protein so I dont feel like a bombed-out pile of crap tomorow. Vince out

No comments:

Post a Comment