Specials

August Training Special: 10% of all training fees go to supporting local strongman, xfit and powerlifting events.

The Inner Bench

Reverse band benching.
barx10
95x10
115x10
135x10
145x5
155x5
165x3
175x3
185x3
195x3
205x1
215 fail



Probably spent a little too much time warming up there. haha. I didn't expect to be able to go up that high, I figured 185 and I'd be out, but it just kept surprising me. Next time I'll know what to expect

Swiss Bar
85lbsx5
85lbsx5
85lbsx10 (once I got a handle on the balance this thing was FUN)

Skull crushers with Swiss bar (I like these sooo much better than the straight bar)
35lbsx20
45lbsx10
45lbsx10

Band Rows
3x30

Pull-ups
3x10

Push ups
3x10 with 25lbs
1x15 with 25lbs
(no, I never get tired of push ups. PFTs, you'll be good at them. You'll be PTing so fast people will think you're real drill instructors, you'll compete against real drill instructors, you'll beat real drill instructors and get sent back to MCRD)But seriously, it is my favorite bench assistance work. Working back up to 45lbs for 10 reps.

Pull-a-parts
3x10


My arms were shaking afterward. First time in a while that my triceps really felt like they were getting a good thrashing. My arch was feeling pretty good, but I need to focus on pushing my heels to the floor, grip the bar harder, concentrate on extending my elbows and pulling the bar apart. I'm still trying to push with just my chest, and it's kind of fucking me over. I've got a 155 bench in me waiting to get out. And that bench wants out NOW!

Got home and chugged a protein shake with a scoop of protein, 8oz of milk, and 2 raw whole eggs. I'll do some ab work and a few more push ups before I pass out hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment