Specials

August Training Special: 10% of all training fees go to supporting local strongman, xfit and powerlifting events.

Lindsey Maxes Out

So after a few weeks of hard training, good diet, and a few supplements (HMB {thank you MTI}, protein and creatine). It's time to see where I'm at and where my weaknesses are.
My best gym lifts (on video) have been
215 squat
148 bench
260 deadlift


Monday I maxed on squat and hit 235.




Wednesday I benched and hit 155.



Friday I deadlifted and did kinda shitty because I was wore out from maxing out and wasting so much energy on 2 missed 265 attempts. First time I set-up and starting pulling over the bar. Second attempt I broke ground but had no energy left (as there are no videos of these attempts, we will accept it in the "didn't happen category). I'm max out again in 6-8 weeks.


I need to focus a lot on my technique. I have a horrible, horrible tendency to muscle up weight. I need to use more glutes and legs in my squat, keep my torso more up right, and may need to say farewell to my oly shoes.

My bench press, I need to tuck my elbows in evenly, hit low, and push the bar down and away. Especially with that high arch; I can't have the bar coming up on me.

My deadlift, I need to work on my set up. My weights were coming up off the floor a lot faster than they used to. So I will keep with the bands and chains, work in rack pulls, do some part-part-whole shit.


Other than my DL epic fail, things are going pretty well, and I seem to be on track to get a 650 raw total at 105 this year and maybe a 700 total down the line. I hope I can keep this up.

A huge thanks to:
Team Jax
My Vince
As well as:
Advanced Muscle Science
Optimum Nutrition
ABB
MTI
for all the supplements, they were all awesome and a huge help. I hope to put up a big total soon and make you all proud.
(Then maybe I'll get all cute and do a figure show, if I really like you. haha)

1 comment: