Specials

August Training Special: 10% of all training fees go to supporting local strongman, xfit and powerlifting events.

Press day and thoughts on deloading for upcoming meet.

I am now 18 days out from Orlando Barbell meet, where I will be bench pressing and deadlifting. I planned on going heavy tonight but not to max effort, I am at the back end of about 10 weeks of heavy training so Im feeling kinda beat down and this deload will be just what I need.

Took it easy on the overhead press, warmup 3 sets with bar then;
135x15
135 4x10
Went really light on these, just wanted to get the shoulders and arms warmed up for some bench. I had planned to warmup then do a max set of reps on the bench with 405lbs but the guys convinced me to slingshot bench with them. Sets went like this;
225x10
315x10
405x2 (really explosive, made the plate hit the bottom of the bar at lockout, great speed)
add slingshot
500x2
525, felt really light but I drifted back over my face and had the spotter take it, didnt want to push it too hard today.
take off slingshot
315x16


Did some delt and tricep support work
rope pressdown
2x20
2x15 heavy these hurt real bad

rear/side delt raises
5x15

tricep pressdown
4x10 heavy

overhead tricep extension
4x15

All in all a good day and pretty much my last heavy, high volume day before the meet. I think I will be opening at 450-460 then taking 501 as a second attempt, then base my third attempt off of how 501 feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment